I love a challenge and can’t wait to use my ambition and skills to succeed in my career in user experience, digital marketing, and web design.
- Currently at Genworth Financial, I was selected out of 1.4% of 5,500 intern applicants as the digital strategy intern for the summer of 2011. I am working on social media and digital marketing campaigns that focus on community awareness and engagement. I am co-managing the organic and paid search campaigns and assisting with refeshing and creating certain corporate web pages and user experiences (In The Community and Industry Expertise). In addition, I have completed multiple competitve research projects to help the business make better strategic decisions.
- On May 7, 2011 I graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science degree at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. I studied in the School of Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Corporate Communications. I also had a minor in Computer Information Systems within the JMU School of Business.
- Before graduation, I became a Marketing Program Assistant for James Madison University Marketing and worked extensively with Adobe Indesign CS5, updated brochures, websites and other marketing materials.
- In the summer of 2010, I was an intern for James Madison University Sports Media Relations in Harrisonburg, Virginia where I wrote news articles, press releases, edited and cropped photos, and assisted the Assistant Director for JMU Sports Media Relations, Kevin Warner.
- I have a variety of work experiences that range from an office setting to customer service. For the past three summers I have worked the JMU volleyball Nike camp in Harrisonburg, Virginia where I arranged daily practice plans and coached a group of ten to fifteen young girls. For the summers of 2008 and 2009, I was a server for Pi-zzeria Restaurant of GoldKey & PHR in Virginia Beach, Virginia. This occupation required care for tourists, financial transactions, retail, food preparation, and stress management.
I also possess extensive experience with software for Windows and Macintosh. I have worked with the Adobe Creative Suite CS3, CS4, and CS5 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and InDesign) as well as Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Visual Basic Express, Access, and Visio). In addition, I have some database design experience with SQL.
“Lindsay was a true competitor and her work-ethic and ability to hold herself to a high standard brought the best out of herself as well as her teammates while playing volleyball at James Madison University.” July 23, 2011
— Callye Williams, Senior Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach, James Madison University
“Lindsay Callahan is one of the most proficient and efficient student employees I have ever met. She’s an extremely skilled graphic designer, creative and very self-sufficient, but more importantly, she knows what she doesn’t know and isn’t afraid to ask for guidance or creative input when needed.” November 16, 2010
— Lisa Ha, Assistant Marketing Director, James Madison University
- “Lindsay is an excellent student. She is very proactive in completing her work accurately and on time (often before it is due). She contributes positively in both the online and classroom portion of a blended, Computer Information Systems class.” February 14, 2010
— Carey Cole, Professor, James Madison University
- “Lindsay is an exemplary student-athlete at James Madison. She has achieved at a high level both on the court as a team leader and in the classroom with a strong GPA. She has developed a well-rounded porfolio and displayed skills that will ensure future success.” February 11, 2010
— Kevin Warner, Assistant Sports Media Relations Director, James Madison University
- “Lindsay is a fine example of a accomplished student-athlete. She exceeds in the classroom as a model student. She also is a leader on the volleyball team in a D-I program. She has a tremendous work ethic and is skilled at time management. I would recommend Lindsay highly and without reservation.” February 8, 2010
— Roger Soenksen, Professor and Advisor, James Madison University
- I have consistently made the Dean’s List throughout college and President’s List in fall 2008 and summer 2010.
- As an athlete, I and made the Colonial Athletic Conference All-Rookie Volleyball Team in 2007 and First Team All-Conference in 2010. I was a captain for my senior season in 2010, received the Gary ’81 & Fredericka (Cookie) McCollum JMU Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2010. Also, I received the National Strength and Conditioning Association All-American Athlete of the Year in 2011.
- I participated in the Student-Athlete Advisory Council (2008-2010) where I helped to plan and organize community service and fund-raising events for all athletic teams and implemented policies to improve the overall college experience for student-athletes.
- I became apart of the International Association of Business Communicators in 2010 where I established network connections and collaborated with other students to improve corporate communication skills.
- I contributed to the Library Student Advisory Board in spring 2010 and collaborated with librarians to make JMU’s libraries as productive as possible.
- I am a Golden Key International Honour Society member as of spring 2010 and earned the distinction of being ranked in the top 15% of all sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students at James Madison University.
Print and web:
Check out these projects more closely here:
- In the spring of 2010, I redesigned a company website for CoastalVA Realty, Inc. based in Virginia Beach, Virginia for a interactive web design class.
- In the fall of 2010, I created an e-book with the help of four other classmates that describes in detail the idea of blogging and podcasting as a means to enhance your company’s online brand.
- In the summer of 2010 and the spring of 2011, I worked on a series of projects for JMU Marketing for the web and using Adobe Indesign and Photoshop. In addition, I created multiple sites for JMU Marketing in Web Manager 2:
1. Planned Giving brochures encouraging alumni and current students to invest in a living legacy and charitable remainder trusts.
“Balanced Sales of Appreciated Assets”
“Madison Charitable Remainder Trusts”
“Madison Founders Society”
3. The Forbes Center Donor Biography introduced the donors for the new Forbes Center for the Performing Arts at JMU and was distributed on opening night.
- During the spring of 2010, my group and I assembled an advertising campaign for Big Brothers Big Sisters to increase donations and program funding.
- In an introductory media arts and design class, I explored Adobe Indesign and Photoshop and created a magazine cover in the fall of 2008.
- During my internship at JMU Sport Media Relations this summer, I created multiple banners for JMUSports.com including “Field Hockey Announces New Assitant Coach Michael Boal” and “MadiZONE – Women’s Lacrosse Quarterfinals.”
- A research paper on the Apple Business Model and Enforcement of International Copyright Law highlights Apple’s copyright policies and how it’s enforced.
- I created a public service announcement for a scriptwriting class in the fall of 2008 that warns against the dangers of drunk driving. You can read the transcript or listen to the audio below.
- For JMU Sports Media Relations, I wrote frequent news releases for JMUSports.com including a JMU Swimming news release and a JMU Field Hockey news release.
- In an introduction to corporate communications class in the srping of 2010, my group and I devised an employee communication plan for a fictional company called Cardinal Corp.
- For a media criticism and analysis class, I discussed the rising popularity of mobile marketing for 21st century businesses that outlines the benefits and limitations of this new technology in the fall of 2010.
- During my system analysis and design class, my group and put together a planning document for the creation of a fictional inventory management system.
5 Good Tips on Social Media Measurement
Check out five good tips to keep in mind for social media measurement.Questions answered include:
- Why should companies be concerned about measuring their online efforts?
- How are other organizations measuring social media?
- What is the most important measurement?
- What should corporate communicators keep in mind when measuring social media?
- How do I get started?
*Sources for this video can be found here.
*Contact me at lindsaycal3116 at gmail dot com for further information.